NH VFW Nursing Scholarship
1. The recipient must be at least one of the following*:
• Active-duty service member
• U.S. veteran
• The child, grandchild, or spouse of a NH VFW Member
2. The recipient must be a resident of New Hampshire.
3. The recipient must be an undergraduate student.
4. The recipient is required to attend the Annual VFW Department Convention to accept the scholarship award. Arrangements will be made through the office of the State Adjutant.
* Responsibility to document the veteran/active-duty status of the candidate will rest with the student and is required if the student is selected as a scholarship recipient. Selection of scholarship recipients is made by a selection board. Recipients will be contacted by e-mail and/or phone. Recipient names will also be posted at www.vfwnh.org. Scholarships will be presented at the Annual VFW Department Convention.
How to Apply
1. For individual applicants: Students submit completed information in the form below.
2. * Responsibility to document the veteran/active-duty status of the candidate will rest with the
student and is required if the student is selected as a scholarship recipient.
3. Submit a high-resolution headshot for publicity use by NH VFW (NOTE: selfies or phone camera photos are not acceptable)
4. Submit to Adjutant by May 1. May be sent to the Merrimack Post to forward to the Department if received by April 15th.
Department of New Hampshire
Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
NURSING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
City: State: Zip:
☐ Active-duty service member ☐U.S. veteran
☐ The child, grandchild, or spouse of a NH VFW/Aux member
Name of the VFW/AUX member of the Department of New Hampshire on whose
membership I am applying for this Scholarship?
Name: Membership No:
Address: City: State: Zip:
Name of School you have been accepted to:
Name of career you plan on pursuing:
List other Scholarships / Awards you received:
1. Please submit an essay (250 words +/-) stating why you are the best candidate for this
2. Please submit references from at least two (2) reliable individuals who qualified to
evaluate your scholastic achievements and personal character. These persons should be
a principal, teacher, counselor, or minister etc.
Deadline: Application must be submitted on or before May 1st and sent to
State Adjutant. May be submitted from the Post if received by April 15th.
There is always a hot meal on Thursday evening provided by Past Auxiliary President Frank Clayton. Thank you Frank! - The meal is inexpensive ($3) and the cost is only to cover the cost of the food. If you cannot afford it just let us know.
There is a lot of information on this website. Please take a look around and check back often as events and information changes.
Our programs support our service members while they are on the front line, as they are being discharged and long after they return. Your tax-deductible donation will be immediately directed to the VFW programs where your support is most urgently needed.